Date of notification: 26th April, 2017
Last Date of application: 12th May, 2017
Nature of Contract : Long term full time consultancy on annual renewable basis
ACT (Action on Climate Today) is working to mitigate the effects of climate change in South Asia. The programme is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and managed by Oxford Policy Management. It brings together two existing DFID programmes: the Climate Proofing Growth and Development (CPGD) programme, and the Climate Change Innovation Programme (CCIP).
Responsible to: CPGD Regional Programme Director
• Provide oversight, management and technical inputs to support ongoing OPM projects, particularly in the area of climate finance.
• Contribute to the development of ACT’s intellectual thinking, with a specific focus on climate finance and PFM.
• Manage a complex portfolio of analytical work and research related to climate finance and PFM, by guiding a team of experts and consultants which translates plans and activities into action and results.
• Develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of government actors and in-country partners in order to provide expert advice on national/state level climate finance and public finance issues, and ensure ACT is maximising its relevance and impact.
• Develop and maintain relationships with a network of organisations and individual consultants in the climate finance and PFM fields to support the delivery of projects and programmes.
• Oversee the work of teams and consultants to ensure technical integrity and plan measurement and foster documentation and dissemination of learning and evaluation.
• Support the development and management of a robust strategic framework to guide ACT’s engagement in the PFM/Climate Finance markets globally, which balances evidence, innovation and practicality. In particular, support the development and diversification of the company’s climate finance work.
• Lead prioritisation, resource allocation and project delivery against the framework, in areas of defined responsibility. Support the preparation of tenders for climate finance projects.
• Undertake other duties reasonably required, including participating in programme meetings, and managing relationships with key clients.
Qualifications & experience:
• Advanced academic degree or professional qualification in a relevant discipline.
• Minimum of 10 years work experience in PFM and established reputation in public financial management. Experience / familiarity with climate change and climate finance issues, will be considered an added advantage.
• Demonstrated experience to think strategically and execute exceptionally, translating analysis into winning ideas/proposals, action and advocacy
• Demonstrated ability to conceive and manage complex, large-scale reform programmes. Ability and experience in managing multiple objectives in a dynamic environment.
• Significant leadership experience working with governments, development agencies, organisations and think-tanks at the highest levels.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills, including at the most senior levels. Experienced team-player who can manage a diverse teams of professionals to create a common vision, conceptualise solutions and then drive effective implementation to deliver impact.
• Excellent communications skills, verbal and written, with a wide range of government, donor, private sector and community stakeholders
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position mentioned in the subject line. Last date of submission of applications is 12th May, 2017
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview